4.23.2008

Volunteers Needed.

On Saturday, May 10 we are going to need a total of 21 volunteers. If you don’t volunteer we will pick you and you won’t have a choice (just like the prayers at church) so it’s in your best interest to volunteer. We will need a photographer, 2 bandagers, 10 water-bottle-hander-outers, 4 personal trainers, 2 massage therapists, and 2 people who can dump a big thing of Gatorade on us. Why all of the hoop-a-lah? Because we’re running the 5k Susan G. Komen “Race for the Cure.” That’s right, we’re racing for the cure. Not the English rock band “The Cure,” but the pink-bracelet-breast-cancer “The Cure.”

As some of you may already know, the 5k is the third longest race in the world (the first longest is the marathon, the second longest is the 10k)… so needless to say this is a big deal. However, we’ve already started training so you don’t need to worry.

Now, listen up you who are going to volunteer - here are your assignments:

Bandagers – you need to properly wrap us to prevent chaffing (refer to the ‘Fun Run’ episode of The Office).

Water-bottle-hander-outers – there are 10 of you, that’s 2 per k in the 5k… so do the math and figure out where you need to be to get us the water we will need. Also, you can fill some of the water bottles with coca-cola classic and we won’t get mad at you.

Personal Trainers – your job is to make sure we properly stretch our major muscle groups before the race… with that in mind, we’ll need you to show up a few hours early.

Massagers – self explanatory. We’re going to need massages after the race, so bring your portable massage tables and oils to the finish line.

Gatorade Dumpers – we need you to dump a big thing of Gatorade on us when we cross the finish line.

Photographer – we want pictures of everything, so whoever ends up volunteering for this better be experienced.

Finally, we have a race website…
http://www.active.com/donate/komenslc2008/kslcJGOUGH so if you don’t volunteer to help us you are required to donate cold hard cash to the cure (via the website). Have a great week everyone, we’ll keep you posted as we continue our training and prepare for the race.

6 comments:

Brett Crockett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett Crockett said...

I want to be a Gatorade Dumper (GD for short)! That race sounds like ton of fun. Well, at least a little fun. You do know that you have to run at those things, right?

PS- it would be awesome if blogger let you edit your comments.

Ike said...

Hey guys, I'll probably see you there... I've worked at the R4C the last 6 years, I think. It's a fun event. I've ran into your mom Justin a few times there. Good luck. I'll bring my massage oils.

Joe and Kenzie said...

I want to be the GD (Gatorade Dumper) so I'll fight Brett for it.... my Gatorade is better anyway its a special formula I mixed up so that it wont make you sticky afterwards like Bretts will thats right bring it on!!!! see you at the finish line and Kate My Mate I am so proud of you I have to be there to believe it I'm afraid... hey I lived with you girl I know!!!! :) love your guts bff

Whittney said...

How did it go? Did you guys win the cure? How long do you get to keep it for?

I hope the chaffing wasn't too severe.

Jen said...

Hello?? Are you guys still there? How am I suppose to know how you guys are doing if you never update your blog? So, how are you guys doing? Any fun summer plans?

Are you guys going to be in town over the 24th of July? We will be down there for a week, so if you guys will be around, we should get together. It's been too long since I've seen you two:)