10.13.2007

First Things First

The purpose of the first post in our blog is two-fold.

First, we would like to let everyone know how to say our last name. It sounds like goff -not go (as in Van Gogh) or gew or gouge, or any other crazy combination of consonants and vowels.

Second, we are requiring everyone to read this before they read any additional posts in our blog. We are doing this as a public service because it is estimated that up to 99.8% of 'bloggers' out there don't even know what the heck the term blog stands for, where blogs came from, or how they got started. With that in mind, click here to find a definition of and a brief (not as in underwear) history of blogging. You'll be tested afterwards and only people who pass the test can read our blog -- if you don't pass the test and you try to read our blog, we'll call the internet police on you.

The questions are:

1. The term 'blog' is short for what?
2. In what year did 'blogging' start and why?
3. When did 'blogging' become popular?
4. True or False: Justin and Katie are AWESOME.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet! We've been waiting for this for a long time. Give me the quiz.

Katie & Justin said...

The test has been appended to the end of the original post. Good night and good luck.

Unknown said...

1- Weblo scout
2- 1492, Columbus posted the first blog from the Nina, the Pinata, and the Santa Mariaclause.
3- October 13th, 2007 (the advent of soundslikegough.blogspot.com and coincidentally, the second Dot Com Boom)
4- That's the gospel truth.

Cara Rigby said...

We don't like tests or quizzes. You two are weired but we love you oh so much, and we love "Playoff's" thanks to you two. P.S. I lost our 5 foot ball python last night and Cara was NOT happy, but I found it!

Lauren Maley said...

Um. . . I vote no test but I love you to pieces and it is true that Katie and Justing are AMAZING!!!

Leslie said...

Hey - I quit taking tests when I graduated from BYU and I refuse to subject myself to such mind boggling minutia at this point in my life. I'm excited about your blog however and look forward to reading your craziness in the future. Love you to pieces

KRISTIN BELL said...

I am kinda embarassed... i just figured you guys liked being called the "gos" as in 'I like to go to sleep' so sorry. I pretty much aced your little test but didn't want to embarass brett... he tries really hard. Continuing posting as you will. Oh. and add my blog link so people don't get too bored.

ashley knell said...

hey friends! it's your long lost cousin. i happened to find your blog...lucky me! i truly am thrilled! it puts a big smile on my face. be in touch. you guys are great. love to you both!