10.28.2007

Happy Halloweeeeen

Hi again everyone. Let's cut to the chase - not everyone who has been reading our blog has been leaving comments. For those of you (bless your hearts) who have been leaving comments, we have a special prize for you that you can pick up at our house. For those of you who have not been leaving comments, we encourage you to repent and start commenting so you too can pick up your special prize. So if you read this and don't leave a comment we might call the internet police on you. Also, Kate's older brother Jacob is a lawyer and he knows how to sue - so you better start posting comments.


We had our Halloween party here on Friday. As promised last week, we dressed up as the best suggestion from the comments you posted. The winner was Kristin - she recommended that Justin be Pamela Anderson and that Katie be Kid Rock.



The picture is a bit frightening, but you get the idea. You can't see it well, but Justin is wearing a super-short miniskirt and some leggings - needless to say, it was pretty hot!?! At the party we watched the Wizard of Oz while listening to Dark Side of the Moon, had a donuts on a string contest, bobbed for apples, and ate some good pizza. The house was decked out in black plastic, spider webs, black lights, and a smoke machine but it was too dark to take pictures so you'll have to imagine how cool it looked.

Finally, we would like to comment on the results of last week's poll. When we asked 'which is cooler' there was a two-way tie between mechanical pencils and jet planes. The tie goes to whichever is more portable - so mechanical pencils are the winner. Don't forget to participate in this week's poll.

14 comments:

Lauren Maley said...

I wish i had come to your halloween party!! it sounds amazing. I sure miss you guys! i will come up soon!

The Tenney's said...

Well hi guys! What a small world...I (Erin)am Cody's cousin and Sara is one of my most favorite people in the world.
so, i love the picture! Brian is way lame and doesn't want to dress up with me for Halloween, so Justin needs to get on his case for me. Kaitlyn is going to be a lamb! we'll be sure to post pics of her.
yes, we do need to hang out. maybe we'll come get our prize since i commented on your post!:)

cody+sara said...

WIERD! How do you & the Tenney's know each other? I'm curious to find out how small this world really is!?

Joe and Kenzie said...

Oh my goodness you both have personality!!! I think that your blog has to be the funnest to read (I know funnest isn't a word but I like it) funnest, funnest, funnest... miss your guts!!! lets play soon, Alexis is getting GRUMPY because Aunt Katie comes around once in a blue moon :)

Joe and Kenzie said...

oh P.S.... I like the Christmas Tree, we'll for sure have to do that agian this year!!!! Christmas count down......58 days....

Sarah said...

Seriously, that is hilarious you guys. I am totally impressed that you did it.

KRISTIN BELL said...

I Win, I Win!! Do I get a special prize for the BEST costume idea ever (for you). You guys look great! I wish we could've been there. Can't wait for the grizzlies!

Cara Rigby said...

Dang Justin, you are a smokin hot Pam Anderson! Kate, you rocked Kid Rock! I wish that we could have been there, it's not as fun to get dressed up and not have anywhere to go. Don't worry though, we still get dressed up!

Gramma said...

So what's the prize for leaving a comment? Wow - I totally thought I was looking at Pam and Kid - you guys win the prize for best impersonation! Sounds like the party was a blasteroony. You two are too fun!

goff X gough said...

so if i leave a comment then you will start visting my stuff.... sounds good. late.

Ann-Marie said...

Katie,
Your Halloween Picture is the first I've seen of you in a long time! I'm glad you have a blog so now I can keep up to date on all the fun things you're doing! :)

Corinne said...

SO. HMMM. What is this about harassing people for not making comments? I WAS NEVER EVEN TOLD YOU HAD A BLOG!!! I found it off of Sarah's today. FOR SHAME. I'm going to be following it now :)

Todd and Aubree said...

How about them apples! You guys are da BOMB dot COM! Let's get together soon!

Adrienne said...

Since I just found your blog I am just now leaving comments. Your blog is wicked funny! Keep up the posts and prizes! Do you ship prizes?