2.18.2008

Pesos and Vacations

For those of you who left comments on our last post and are still waiting for your five bucks, we have news for you. First of all, the processing time for your payment is 6 to 8 weeks - second, after returning from Mexico we have decided to pay each of you five pesos instead of five dollars. Because we realize most of you probably don't know what the heck you can do with five pesos, you can choose one of the options below:

1. You can team up with two other people (who also left comments and earned five pesos each) and you can split a double cheeseburger from McDonalds between the three of you.
2. If you don't like sharing, you can purchase approximately 8 Swedish Fish (and eat them up all by yourself).

Ok, here is this week's blog-tivity.

While we were on our cruise, we purchased a Breitling 'Bently Motors Special Edition' watch chuck full of bling that retails for approximately $6,500. Whoever leaves a comment and guesses the actual amount we spent on the watch (in pesos) will get a special prize.

If you didn't like that blog-tivity, you can choose to participate in this one:

When we went to Sea World, we purchased the following items:
1. a cab ride from the ship dock to Sea World (approximately 6 miles).
2. a Shamu souvenir cup full of watered down lemonade.
3. one bag of pink and blue cotton candy.
4. a small bottle of sunscreen.
5. a turkey sandwich, a mountain dew, and a gross pretzel from the Anheuser-Busch company for lunch.
6. one more cab ride back to the ship dock.

Whoever can guess the total cost of all of these items (in pesos) will win a prize.

We were going to bring you all back souvenirs from our cruise but we didn't.

It was a great trip-seven days of carefree (not cost-free) living. We flew to LA, boarded a ship, ate, walked, ate, slept, ate, spent money, ate, saw some animals, ate, went on a glass bottom boat tour, ate, got off the ship, drove, shopped, slept, and ate a little bit more. As you can tell, we are both in much need of a diet. Or two.

Now it's back to the grind-we've got to hurry to plan our next trip so we'll end this now. Thank you in advance for the wonderful comments you are about to leave.

See you later, Amigos!

11 comments:

Joe and Kenzie said...

that is the life right there and I would guess that you spent one hundred millions dollars... I bet i win! We want to see pictures soon!!!!

Lauren Maley said...

I can't believe I wasn't invited =) okay, i can believe it but I am so dang jealous. I hope it was fantastic!! I can't wait to see you guys! Oh yeah, and I never win at guessing games so I dont even bother trying but I am sure it was freaking expensive!

Ike said...

Give me my 8 swedish fish please! Seriously, I want my fish.

Leslie said...

well, I think you paid $124 or so and it's definitely blinggy! Better not wear that on SLC's west side or you might come back without the watch and an arm...

ChadStephAndOwen said...

fat bottom girls make the rockin world go round!

Cowboy Curtis said...

I guarantee you paid 125 bones for that bling. Pay up sucka!

Corinne said...

Where the heck did you all go on your cruise? Do we get to see some pictures or what?

Gary Crockett said...

Black and white is cool, I'm going to D.I. and see if I can get my old 14" b/w monitor back!

Alder Family said...

I'm with Corinne--I want to know where you went, how long you were there, where the pictures are, and why you didn't come out to see us on the East Coast instead of going on some fancy shmancy cruise...

ashley knell said...

And I want you to update!

Joe and Kenzie said...

Guys I'm getting bored with the Pesos, we need an update on life..... since you guys don't like to hang out with us but once a year we would love to know what is going on in your lives....